Electrical Testing Special Offer £120
(*for houses of up to 3 bedrooms)
If your property has not had an electrical test done in the last 10 years, we highly recommend that you do so. The risk of an electrical fire or shock increases the longer your premises go untested.
007’s certified professional electricians will test your home’s electrics and present you with a 7 page Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) which will explain whether your home is safe, or what remedial work would be needed to make it so.
WHAT IS AN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CONDITION REPORT, (EICR)?
An EICR is a written report which will:
- Reveal whether any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded,
- Find any shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation,
- Identify any defective DIY work,
- Highlight any poor earthing or bonding,
- Identify any circuits that need R.C.D. protection.
A Condition Report will be given to the client after the test, which will rte the property as either satisfactory or unsatisfactory. If the report is unsatisfactory it means remedial work is needed to make the installation safe to use. You would then look at observations and recommendations where any departures from BS7671 are recorded and a code to indicate the urgency of the action is given.
- Code 1 Danger Present (Risk of injury immediate action required)
- Code 2 Potentially Dangerous (Urgent action required)
- Code 3 Improvement recommended